Driving a Truck while on Drugs
Truckers who are so reckless as to get behind the wheel of their trucks while under the influence of drugs can and should be held financially accountable for any accidents they cause. At Ausband & Dumont, our Atlanta intoxicated driving attorneys understand just how devastating these accidents can be, and our legal team has all of the experience and resources you will need to pursue an aggressive line of legal action against the responsible truck driver.
Pursuing Compensation after an Accident
Once you are ready to move forward with your claim, our legal team can help you assess your situation and then develop a comprehensive legal strategy with which we can pursue compensation for your injuries. Though the circumstances of every claim will be unique—particularly when accidents are as potentially catastrophic as those involving commercial trucks—most claims of this nature seek compensation for the following:
- All of the medical and rehabilitative care that you require
- Any pain and suffering that has come to be associated with your injuries
- Any income that you cannot earn while recovering from your accident
Though we are as likely to be dealing with an insurance company as we are the trucker him or herself, our legal team can help you pursue every possible avenue for compensation once we take on your case. There is no reason that you should be in the situation you are in right now, and our attorneys can help you work to put this matter behind you once and for all.
What evidence will I need for my case?
Just about any piece of evidence that we can collect that corroborates your claim—that your accident was caused by a truck driver who was under the influence of one or more drugs—will be useful. That being said, the following forms of evidence will be particularly important when it comes time to prove fault and to determine the damages that you sustained:
- Copies of the police report—this should include a toxicology report that will show exactly what substances the trucker was under the influence of
- Copies of any witness statements—these statements can be used to prove fault and to prove any recklessness that was witnessed prior to the accident
- Photographs from the scene of the accident—these can be used to prove fault and the extent of damage that was sustained in the accident
- Copies of any related medical and rehabilitative bills—we will use these as a basis for the financial compensation we will seek from the responsible party
As overwhelming as taking legal action may seem, we will be there to determine exactly what evidence you will need for your claim. More than that, our legal team will be there to help you move through each and every phase of the coming legal process.
Consult with an Intoxicated Driving Attorney in Atlanta
If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident that was caused by a trucker who was under the influence of drugs, you should reach out to an attorney to discuss what legal action you may be able to pursue against the responsible party. At Ausband & Dumont, we have been serving the people of Georgia for over 20 years now, and we have the experience and the resources necessary to help you develop a comprehensive legal strategy against the trucker that caused your accident. To speak with one of our attorneys about the particulars of your accident, please call our offices in Atlanta at (404) 812-0051 today.